E. & J. Jarvis Ltd is absolutely committed to protecting and respecting privacy.
This privacy notice tells you what to expect when we collect personal information about you.
- The information we collect about you and how we use it
- Your rights
- Access to personal information
- Disclosure of personal information
- Document copyright
- Changes to this privacy notice
- How to contact us
1. The information we collect about you and how we use it
Visitors to our website
Website usage information is collected by using Cookies (please see our cookies policy for more details).
When people use our ‘enquiry now’ form, book an MOT or service, sign up to a newsletter (using our ‘newsletter sign up’ form) and/or make a general enquiry using our contact form ‘tell me more’, we collect their name and email address.
This allows us to provide the information or service requested and only with consent. We retain the data until we have completed the task in hand or have fully answered the query.
People who subscribe to receive our newsletter and mailshots
To enable us to send you updates and information about our services we collect your name and email address. We only ever collect this information with your express consent and we retain it until you no longer wish to receive our information.
MailChimps servers are located in the United States, so your information may be transferred to, stored or processed in the United States. MailChimp take many steps to protect privacy and has certified its compliance with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework.
To manage our service delivery we collect your name, address, telephone number, email address & registration number.
This processing is necessary for the performance of our contract with you or to take steps to enter into a contract
We retain your data for 6 years after you cease being one of our customers.
Unfortunately, if you do not provide the information requested we will not be able to provide the service requested.
People who we recruit
We use the services of Alectorruitment.com an online recruitment service.
To facilitate our recruitment of the most suitable candidates for vacant positions we process employment details including your contact details, experience and work history.
This is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests of recruiting the best candidate for a position.
We print copies of the CVs of shortlisted candidates. These are retained for 4 months after the end of the recruitment campaign in a secure environment and then disposed of with the exception of successful candidates details.
2. Your rights
You have a number of rights under data protection law:
- The right to be informed about how, why and on what basis we use your data;
- The right to obtain confirmation that your data is being processed and to have access to it by making a subject access request;
- The right to have data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- The right to have your data erased if it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was originally collected or processed, or if there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing (this is sometimes known as ‘the right to be forgotten’);
- The right to restrict processing in certain circumstances, to limit the way that we use the data as an alternative to requesting the erasure of the data;
- The right to data portability, the ability to obtain and reuse your personal data across different services; and
- The right to object to certain types of processing in certain circumstances, with an absolute right to stop your data being used for direct marketing.
We have set out to demonstrate how we address your rights in this privacy notice.
More details can be found on the Information Commissioners website https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/is-my-information-being-handled-correctly/.
We make sure that we offer you genuine choice and control over how we use your data. Where you have given your consent to us processing your personal data you can withdraw it at any time by contacting us using the details below.
We strive to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously.
If you think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate please bring it to our attention. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures.
You may report any concerns regarding the way in which we have processed your personal data to the Information Commissioner on 0303 123 1113 or by using this link https://www.ico.org.uk/concerns.
5. Access to personal information
If you would like to know what information we hold about you please make a ‘subject access request’ using the contact details below. If we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it;
- tell you why we are holding it;
- tell you who it could be disclosed to;
- explain how long we will store it (or the criteria used to decide this);
- where it was not collected directly from you, we will give you any available information as to its source; and
- let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
You also have a right to obtain a copy of your personal data for re use and we will supply this in a CSV file if you ask us to.
If we do hold information about you, please notify us if any of it has changed or is incorrect, we will be happy to update this for you.
In certain circumstances you have a right to the erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing. If you want to exercise this right please contact us using the details below.
6. Disclosure of personal information
We may need to provide certain third-party organisations with your information if we have a legal obligation to do so or if we have to enforce our agreement.
Where we do share personal data with a third party we will take measures to ensure that:
- the security of the personal data is maintained; and
- that it is not used unlawfully.
We may also need to disclose personal data to third parties in order to provide our services. We will only provide them with the information they require and will only permit them to use the information for the required purpose.
If any such third party has used your information for any other reason without your consent please notify us using the details below and we will investigate the matter.
[Include Details of transfers to third country and safeguards - We [do/do not] transfer personal data to countries outside the EU. [If do transfer: We take these safeguards to protect your data].
7. Document copyright
This document was created for E&J Jarvis Ltd by Crimson Crab Ltd, it is an infringement of copyright to make:
- any use without the inclusion of this paragraph; or
- any use of this document by any organisation other than E&J Jarvis Ltd, except with the written permission of Crimson Crab Ltd; or
- any adaptation without the written permission of Crimson Crab Ltd; or
- any copy by a third party.
8. Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and it was last updated on 24th May 2018.
9. How to contact us
If you want to request information about our privacy practices you can email us email@example.com or write to:
E. & J. Jarvis Ltd
66 Onslow Road